Aug 20 2009

New Ministry of National Defense website

Published by at 6:04 am under China internet

From what I can tell, just from a quick glance, the new Ministry of National Defense website isn’t much different from the PLA Daily website.  Actually it has less information but this is a new website so it probably has to develop.  One interesting thing, the website banners are different for the English and Chinese versions:

Means absolutely nothing, except that I can tell color change and different imagery.  Hey, at my age that is a positive sign.

7 Responses to “New Ministry of National Defense website”

1. CBRP1R8on 20 Aug 2009 at 10:35 am

Interesting though that they CHOSE red as the main theme color for the English version being known as Red China and all that but yet the internal yokel version has it all nice and green and flowery looking, even though its subtitled in English as well…

2. Heikeon 20 Aug 2009 at 12:49 pm

See, that’s what I was sort of thinking too. Is there some symbolism here I’m missing? Perhaps it they’re run by two different web admins, who knows?

The English and Chinese versions of PLA Daily are only slightly different.

Ah, I should take my tin-foil hat off and walk around the block.

3. nealon 26 Aug 2009 at 12:54 pm

I have a question for you. Do you have an idea or have heard any chatter with regards to how Chinese hackers or the Chinese government/PLA are thinking about U.S. Cyber Command?

4. Heikeon 26 Aug 2009 at 1:21 pm

Don’t know if you saw this article but it sums it up:

5. nealon 26 Aug 2009 at 1:54 pm

Awesome Heike! I must have missed it. My bad.

6. Tim Stevenson 28 Aug 2009 at 6:17 pm

In China, is the colour green not associated with new life, hope, etc – all global connotations derived from the rising sun?

7. Heikeon 29 Aug 2009 at 8:48 am

Good question and I’m not sure. Read another article from the editor of the website and he said they were some difference in design for the English/Westerners but didn’t explain.