May 08 2009

It’s a man baby!

Published by at 8:02 pm under Evil and/or Stupid,Hackers Talking

UPDATED: Webshell, in the comments, may be saying that Yingcracker (also fixed, I had typed in yinghacker) is a female.  Anyway, finally located his/her website.  If it is a guy, he is very much in touch with his feminine side.

In the last few days, the story of Yingcracker, “the most beautiful female hacker in China,” has been making the rounds  in Chinese news outlets and blogs.  Her exploits and earnings, in this male dominated society, have been posted by  numerous online sources.  The number of male friends added to her blog since the story first appeared have been impressive.

Problem: Yingcracker is a man baby! He thinks it’s kinda funny to pretend to be a MM (girl) online.  Xiao Tian e-mails me this:

xiaotian3

16 Responses to “It’s a man baby!”

1. harlson 08 May 2009 at 8:58 pm

You think he (she?) is pulling your chain, so to speak?
    Either way, for some undiscovered reason this story is gonna help me sleep tonight.

2. gao yulongon 09 May 2009 at 5:16 am

I am not surprised everything in China, isn’t what it seems.
    We have million dollar home in Florida we can’t live in becasue chinese dry wall forced us out. The first international conference on this stinking issue will take place in Orlando the first week of June.
    Finally the bride is stripped bare, like Marcel Ducamp’s art werks

3. Heikeon 09 May 2009 at 12:31 pm

Harls,

I was doing some work on my deck this weekend and needed a couple of 10-foot polls.

I’m not going to touch your comment with any of them. Nope, wouldn’t be prudent at this juncture.

4. Heikeon 09 May 2009 at 12:36 pm

gao yulong,

Very sorry to hear about your house! What was the issue with the dry wall? Heard it had something to do with sulfur gases.

Of course when you get it fixed up…wouldn’t mind an invite out to see it! :)

5. gao yulongon 09 May 2009 at 4:10 pm

HarrisMartin’s Chinese Drywall Litigation Conference Brings Together Attorneys, Insurers, and Scientists for First-Ever Gathering June 4-5 in Orlando, Fla. link to story downbelow:

6. webshellon 11 May 2009 at 2:08 pm

hi, how are u? this Yinghacker is a man, no a girl.

7. the Pullon 11 May 2009 at 2:47 pm

Seriously, Heike… such a big picture. I think that burned a scar in my brain.

What China could do if they actually put their resources to getting their country fixed and put themselves in a position where we could trust them and work with them more as an ally… as we do with Japan or the UK.

Instead, doing stuff like this. Yuck.

8. Heikeon 11 May 2009 at 3:39 pm

Webshell,

Are you saying that yingcracker is a girl? The story at hackbase.com says yingcracker is a man. Yingcracker是女的还是男的?

9. Heikeon 11 May 2009 at 3:45 pm

the Pull,

The relationship between our two countries is very complex and hopefully it will continue to improve.

My trips to China have been fantastic and the people are always the highlight.

10. CBRP1R8on 12 May 2009 at 7:31 am

China-For me holds the last and final wonder of the world I must see in my lifetime. I can go anytime, I just never seem to find the time to do it. :D

11. Heikeon 12 May 2009 at 9:16 am

CBRP1R8,

If you are speaking about the Great Wall…yep, a must see. Saw it at Badaling, magnificent.

If you are speaking of Zhangyi…well, I hope to see gaze upon that too! :)

12. The Pullon 12 May 2009 at 2:34 pm

Yep, exactly, granted I am not such an expert as you are. I have been there and have met/worked with a lot of computer security experts there.

I am a big fan of a lot of the culture there and think China hasn’t really had a chance to shine. I think they will get a chance, but they have a lot of changes they need to do to fix their system… for the benefit of all of their people.

I really do not like having to deal with the China threat being a computer security professional. And yet, it is true, they also have their own problems. However, we do not do to them as they have been doing to us.

Having talked to some of these guys, I have elicited their opinions, and have also studied the history of intelligence… my estimate is that they are trying to steal, primarily, for their own good. [To be very brief...] But this method never worked well enough for the Soviet Union and it is extremely counter-productive. They should be as trustworthy as a Japan or UK to us… but they resist this on many levels…

Without a more free/fair system… which they invariably be forced to move to… by the sheer pressures of the present and future… they are severely gimped in productivity.

Anyway, my two cents.

13. Heikeon 12 May 2009 at 9:08 pm

The Pull,

Very well said. So much potential wasted on petty (sometimes not so petty) crime.

These are smart, creative individuals devoting their lives…to what?

I too hope they will turn their talents toward productive and positive means.

14. The Pullon 12 May 2009 at 9:40 pm

@Heike

I really do have a “sense” change is coming soon and we can look forward to a much brighter tomorrow. China is a huge part of this picture. And I can only sincerely hope that they get the understanding in the upper levels of government… the ones that have been taking this very paranoid view, mercenary view of things… that there are two roads you can go down. And one of those roads is real ugly and painful. That is not a threat, it is just common sense. There is no way these actions have benefited their country, regardless of whatever seeming paper value they may have.

These things said, change can be real hard when an organization is set in a certain direction. You can get hypnotized by the accolades and get into a routine. All that might seem great at first, but sooner or later you have to realize that water you are drinking actually tastes like crap… and is crap to the whole body (of the nation).

Once people come to that realization… they then find they really have no choice in the matter. After all, who, after tasting what is better, goes back to the old? They can no longer stand it.

15. sinotizedon 23 Jul 2009 at 4:44 pm

yingcracker’s q zone has since been replaced with a netpolice.cn condemnation of it’s previous contents.

16. Heikeon 24 Jul 2009 at 7:06 am

sinotized,

Checked it out and it looks like the closure was posted by the QQ Products Center…unless I’m missing something. Still pretty cool though, someone is policing up this stuff. Of course the complaint could have been filed by another hacker just looking to shut her/him down.

Speaking of gender questions, I’ve seen a couple of videos posted about yingcracker.

Just a collection of photos with music over top but…