May 22 2009

…and boy are my arms tired

Published by at 9:11 am under Uncategorized

paper1

Hey guys, just got back from China and picked up a couple of books that should be of interest.  The book on the left is International Situation and Security Strategy by General Xiong Guangkai.   I read about the book in China Daily and went all over Beijing to find it.  General Xiong is considered “the ultimate insider” with knowledge of policy-making in China.

The second book is Internet Wars (Win the Internet, Win the Future) and the author is described as an internet researcher with a background in policy.

Oh, I am now certified Swine-Flu free in three countries.  Mom is awful proud.

…must sleep now.

8 Responses to “…and boy are my arms tired”

1. BeatUpPrideon 23 May 2009 at 3:45 am

Last week, when my flight landed at Tokyo Narita, all passengers were literally quarantined for one hour. These people are just overreacting to the N1H1 virus. People around me all wear mask and they look like freak….

Anyway, I was surprise that you were able to find the English version of the book by General Xiong…

2. Heikeon 23 May 2009 at 6:48 am

We may have been on the same flight! The first time I went through Narita they did the same thing. However, on the way back, they only screened the people staying in Japan.

The English version of the book was put on sale the week I arrived, very lucky me.

3. Kevin Larkinon 23 May 2009 at 7:01 am

Heike,

I am headed to Beijing next week. Could tell me the places where you got the two books in question. Bilingual addresses would work best. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

KevLar

4. BeatUpPrideon 23 May 2009 at 7:17 am

Heike,

I think it is your determination reward you, not luck! (maybe a little luck..).

5. Heikeon 23 May 2009 at 10:12 am

Kevin,

Here is a link to the Wangfujing Bookstore with directions and Chinese:

The book is on the 3rd floor. You may want to print a copy of the picture to take with you. It took them 1/2 an hour to locate it, even after I gave them the newspaper article.

6. Heikeon 23 May 2009 at 10:14 am

BeatUpPride,

The gods of luck were certainly watching over me that day I tell ya! :)

7. Kevin Larkinon 28 May 2009 at 7:17 am

Wow, it’s bloody difficult to track down this book anywhere in BJ. Either your blog entry or the China Daily article has made this book extremely rare. I went to three large bookstores and still had no luck. Ordered it off the net now.

KevLar

8. Heikeon 29 May 2009 at 3:15 am

Figured it would be pretty popular book so I ran out and got a copy as soon as I saw the article.

Hope you are having a great trip! I’ll be out there again in a couple of weeks.