Dec 29 2008

PRC Cyberwar Analysis RFP

Published by at 9:12 pm under Uncategorized

From FCW comes a short article about an RFP out for firms who can make an assessment about Chinese cyberwar capabilities and countermeasures.  Any takers?
Here is a link to the RFP.

8 Responses to “PRC Cyberwar Analysis RFP”

1. Heikeon 30 Dec 2008 at 10:31 am

Could we just submit our blog as a “paper” and claim the money? I don’t mind calling them “state-affiliated and state-sponsored.”

How much to you suppose we could get? :)

2. cbrp1r8on 30 Dec 2008 at 12:17 pm

My report was very generic research for the most part, however many pieces of it were dedicated to specific areas of interest as it pertains to a certain U.S. industry which is competing with China in Chinese territories. Even at that it took me longer then a month to complete the 16pg document.

There’s a lot of data out there and for someone to come up with a proposed RFP by 01/28/09 is going to be tough. They will most likely, already be a big name cyber group, be on top of most of the threats, vulns, exploits coming out of China. Will be familiar with the many groups both governmental and non-gov guys and be established (i.e. already have a budget) so they can provide enough data and resources (i.e. resume’s of people on staff) to do a proper RFP on what the contract would cost them to do, and the intel on other companies, as well as being global to also be doing the bidding.

I’m guessing likely candidates will be like IBM, ECS, CA, CACI, Raytheon etc. It’s a good try though guys, I’m guessing a 1yr contract could go for something like 3 mill on this project with a 5 or 7yr extension plan at probably another 5mill.

3. Heikeon 30 Dec 2008 at 1:18 pm

You are probably right about that but Jumper and I would be willing to consult to said companies for say, 100 grand a piece. :)

I’m just kidding!!

4. jumperon 30 Dec 2008 at 1:29 pm

I’d be willing to do it if I could pay off all of the company tuition assistance that I’m chained to.

5. Heikeon 30 Dec 2008 at 1:40 pm

Don’t tell me that Mr. Bilano had it correct. Will I have to refer to you as Dr. Jumper here soon? ;)

6. cbrp1r8on 31 Dec 2008 at 3:58 pm

hehe :D Happy New Year ALL!!!!

7. Heikeon 01 Jan 2009 at 5:44 am

Happy New Year!

8. [...] the 29th, Jumper posted an article about a new RFP for PRC Cyberwar Analysis that had just recently been [...]