Dec 19 2008

New theme and whoops!

Published by at 4:49 pm under Uncategorized

MORE STUPID  UPDATES: Let’s face it I’m bored and have decided off of two comments to put the theme back.  Might kill the two comments again but I’m willing to take that chance.

UPDATE: Never mind, hated it and changed back

Thought I’d throw up a new theme to see if you guys liked it better, or hated it.  I’m never sure about these things.  It seems to wrap on all graphics and I can probably fix that (God I’d hate to do it on all the posts).  Probably mess around with the banner also and put back the RSS feed and stuff.  Don’t know why it didn’t transfer, probably because the other theme was two column.

So, comment away if you want to keep the new or go back to the old.

Also, accidentally deleted a few comments in the tranfer, not sure how that happened.  One was Jumper correcting my grammar so that was kinda cool. Apparently I can’t read either, it wasn’t Jumper’s comment.  Mea Culpa! :)

8 Responses to “New theme and whoops!”

1. Tim Stevenson 19 Dec 2008 at 5:03 pm

Now I’m confused … Do you know what? It’s all lovely.

2. Eastwoodon 19 Dec 2008 at 10:19 pm

Darn, I missed it!

3. harlson 20 Dec 2008 at 9:47 am

I like this one. Much cleaner than the old one.

4. Heikeon 20 Dec 2008 at 3:26 pm

harls,

Cool, hopefully we will have a few more votes to see if we keep it.

5. Eastwoodon 21 Dec 2008 at 2:28 am

Whoa! I think it looks pretty awesome. I especially like how the “两” coins, fan, and plant fit in with the overall oriental feel of things.

A few things to improve: the “tracking the history, organization, exploits and government affiliation of Chinese hackers” bit is covered up by the navigation bar (at least on my end), and there are currently blank boxes in place of avatars next to the comments.

I really like the way this theme looks. +1 vote in favour :D

6. Heikeon 21 Dec 2008 at 6:29 am

Eastwood,

That puts the voting at +2 in favor of the new theme. Yeah, if we keep it I’ll fix the problems you noted. Wonder if there is a way for people to add their own avatars?

7. paoloon 21 Dec 2008 at 7:09 am

nice theme… much better then the previous one…
    (just noticed I always read this site/blog but never posted lol)

8. Heikeon 21 Dec 2008 at 8:24 am

Paolo,

Thanks for the positive feedback but I’m not quite smart enough to use the new theme interface correctly.

Would love to have you post more!