Mar 09 2008

Chinese hacker Xiao Chen’s Organization Revealed!

First, a very big thank you to reader Copper, who first pointed out that there was a BIG button right over the article on Chinese hacker Xiao Chen that said…VIDEO! And, if you watch said video…it gives Xiao Chen’s webiste.

Here is the 1st screenshot from the CNN video, notice the links section at the botttom that I have circled in red.  The first link is to Hacker World ( 黑客天下 and the second is to  It is typical for Chinese hackers to list their own website first in the links section.

UPDATE: Sorry, I was unclear in the paragraph above, Xiao Chen only owns was listed just to show similarity in the websites.

Now look at this screen shot from There are a couple of differences but clearly the same website:

Next image from the  CNN video gives the Chinese 黑客天下, Hacker World or

Now take a look at this graphic from CNN in the left corner of the page:

and this one from

Finally, this one from CNN and you really had to be watching for it:

In the CNN interview, Xiao Chen claimed to have 10,000 registered members.
From the website, they list the number of registered members as 9,746…pretty darn close:

9 Responses to “Chinese hacker Xiao Chen’s Organization Revealed!”

1. jumperon 09 Mar 2008 at 11:52 am

Great work on this Heike. Big xie xie. I can call off my own search and go to sleep now.

2. Heikeon 09 Mar 2008 at 12:14 pm

Wish I could take the credit but Copper really was the one that showed me the light. Got to confess I was looking all over the place too. Wasted hours online…video, video, video…argh!!!

3. copperon 09 Mar 2008 at 6:38 pm

Fun stuff. Happy to help — this works out well because I couldn’t read anything on that page.

4. Heikeon 09 Mar 2008 at 6:53 pm

Hey, I really owe you for showing me that! Please stop by often!!!

5. [...] Published by Heike at 5:30 pm under Hackers Talking, US attacks UPDATE: Xiao Chen’s website located [...]

6. Johnon 11 Mar 2008 at 8:40 am

Now that we know where the site is what can we do with it??? Does anyone know Chinese?

7. Heikeon 11 Mar 2008 at 8:47 am

Beijing just took care of that website for us:

8. Heikeon 11 Mar 2008 at 8:48 am

But…there are hundreds just like. This guy really wasn’t anything new or different.

9. [...] to, featured in CNN documentary on Chinese hackers, the following French Embassy websites were successfully [...]