Feb 05 2008

Chinese hacker…with attitude!

Ever go looking for one thing and find another?  That is how I came into contact with Guize, or as his URL calls him Huaidan.  Huaidan literally means “bad egg” and probably the best English translation is, bastard.  Agreed.

Yep, that says it all! Went looking to find the whereabouts of Whithered Rose, who has completely disappeared from the Web as far as I can tell, and ran into this guy. There are two main reasons I want to talk about this website.  First, it has an endless supply of Chinese hacker exploits.  Hopefully, there is a co-blogger who can help out with this…Jumper, Jumper, Jumper… :)

Second, it brings up the rise of the independent Chinese hacker.  Huaidan is dialed into a whole herd of other Chinese hacker bloggers and this is only about half of his list pictured below.  Follow those links and you get even more.

During my first year of research, I created a chart of the Chinese hacker alliance found here.  At the time, I found it overwhelming to try and track just a couple of hundred websites but this new phenomenon makes it damn near  impossible.  If the group begins to lose its nationalist character and splinters, as I think it will, tracking them will be just…really difficult!

15 Responses to “Chinese hacker…with attitude!”

1. jumperon 05 Feb 2008 at 9:19 pm

I’m working on it…

2. Heikeon 05 Feb 2008 at 11:30 pm

Tons of Xiexie to you. :)

3. Heikeon 05 Feb 2008 at 11:43 pm

By the way…if I ever spell herd…heard again…please edit the crap out of me! Also, feel free to administer a serious slap-down. I do it all the time, so it should be kinda of fun for you!

Why hasn’t anyone invented a program that will spell check what you write before you post?

4. jumperon 06 Feb 2008 at 12:01 am

Dear Heike,

If you click on the “ABC” with the checkmark on it while you are composing your post it will spellcheck you.

Captain Obvious

PS: Macs will spell check inside of a web text box.

5. 鬼仔on 07 Feb 2008 at 7:02 am

I am the author of huaidan.org. See your article mentioned my blog, but my English is very poor.so,i did not understand the meaning of the article. :)
    Do you have IM? My Gtalk account is my email addresses.
    Find that you are very concerned about China’s network security.

6. Heikeon 07 Feb 2008 at 3:51 pm

Sorry, it has taken so long to respond to your request. Give me a couple of more hours (sorry, very busy), would love to speak with you.

7. Heikeon 07 Feb 2008 at 6:50 pm

祝您新年快乐! (Happy New Year!)

Yes, we are very concerned about Chinese hackers and the Red Hacker Alliance (红客联盟, 黑客联盟,中国黑客联盟,Yes黑客联盟… 等等).

Your English is obviously much better than my Chinese but I will try to explain the question I have for you. :)

为什么以前中国黑客都在一些大的网站,可是现在好像每个人都有他们自己的博客? 我发现有很多黑客的博客登录在你的网站上所以用你的网站给西方客人介绍以下这个新现象.

(Translation of my text for people who do not speak Chinese: Why in the past were Chinese hacker on only a few large websites but now it seems that everyone has their own blog? I discovered a lot of Chinese hacker blogs on your website so I used it as an example of this new phenomenon.)

We would very much like to hear your opinion on this new situation and anything else you would like to explain to us about Chinese hackers. We will be happy to post your answer on the blog. Just leave your response in a text message under the comments section and we will make a new section for it.

8. 鬼仔on 13 Feb 2008 at 7:26 am

Can you understand my comment?

9. Heikeon 13 Feb 2008 at 6:40 pm

Yes I understand your answer very clearly. I think you are right, it is probably due more to a the fad of individual blogging than anything else. I realize it is very hard for one individual to speak for a group but I thank you for your giving what seems to be the obvious answer.

10. 鬼仔on 14 Feb 2008 at 8:19 am

11. Heikeon 14 Feb 2008 at 6:52 pm

Certainly no reason to apologize. Everyone is very busy and I do know you have a large blog to run. It is great to have your voice here. I also understand that there are other things on your blog besides the hacking…but, there is a lot of that. ;)

You are welcome to comment here anytime.

12. 鬼仔on 16 Feb 2008 at 12:32 pm

另外,我那里也一样welcome to comment anytime。

13. Heikeon 16 Feb 2008 at 4:49 pm

Yeah, we found out that the Great Firewall was blocking us. We use to get a lot of visitors from China but now only those like you who know how to use a proxy get through.

WordPress is very good about blocking spam. It has a program called Askimet that has been catching just about all the spam I receive. If you do convert over, make sure you activate the program.

14. 回声on 16 Feb 2008 at 8:08 pm

Heike may I suggest making a video recording of your blog and putting it up on youku.com once a month. that should cause a great deal of confusion :-)

15. Heikeon 16 Feb 2008 at 11:00 pm